1) A good night’s sleep
2) The music of Sara Groves
3) Other drivers who yield the right of way
4) A mug of hot chocolate on a cold grey morning
5) A thanksgiving potluck lunch at work with lots of yummy food
6) The excuse to make cranberry salsa, my favorite holiday recipe, for #5 above
7) The chance to learn something new on what seemed like a routine patient problem on a mundane Monday.
8 ) An enormous stack of now-clean laundry and a husband that did most of the work to get it that way.
9) Kids (my own) that behave better in public than at home.
10) Kids (other people’s) that make me smile. The 4 yr old girl who wants to be “Spiderman” when she grows up. The 5 yr old boy who told me about his brother who is “really really old” (that would be eight) and who interrupted me during my conversation with his mom to say “I have a comment.”